The Week That Was — April 27 – May 3

Sun, Apr 27 — Showered and into AKM at 6:25, threatening rain, ramp clear. Wrote and posted the 6th and FINAL part of my Visit to AAHS blog; let Jerri and Hayden know about it. Sent AHEC Fran a list of emails for members, processed a TON of pictures in office and organized pictures on the upstairs Process Room PC. Spent a lot of time up there in the afternoon. Also did some organizing of things in the Intake and Research Rooms. Distributed IPA newsletters at Terminal when I went over to buy lunch (Rice Krispies Treat and Peanut Butter Cups) for lunch. Delicious! Lots of PRODUCTIVE time uncompromised by the promised visit from a fellow from out of town who said he’d visit but didn’t bother or advise he couldn’t make it. I’m okay with that. No ill will to him. I’m glad I had the time to WORK. Headed home at 6:15 p.

Mon, Apr 28 — In at 5:45, calm with light rain. Proccessed pics until there was a power outage and the computer BROKE. Couldn’t restore it. Work was fine, Took AKM Dell to PC Doctor and Gabe fixed it in a few minutes. Home.

Tue, Apr 29 — In at 6:50. Worked on Wells Breakfast Fly-in event materials. Visited with Tracy at SAA and had a great conversation. Took truck to Stoldt service center for oil change. Took home computer to PC Doctor to fix email problems. Worked on IPA/SPI handout at work. After work processed pictures until 8:30 and went home.

Wed, Apr 30 — In at 7:20. Worked on pictures. Wore a WATCH on my wrist for the first time in more than 20 years and I like it, a cheap one from Wal-mart but no one can see it, and it works okay; Cost: #12.98. Took IPA/Zonta flyer TCC at SAA. To work at 9:00. Trimmed a LOT of clippings for AKM. To IPA meeting at 6:00, had a decent time. Home, set up repaired computer and am happy it works! Slept well.

Thu, May 1 — In at 6:25, chilly and overcast, windy out, YECCCH! Processed pictures. To TGG at 9 and departed for home to shower and then to Prairie Eye Center for eye exam and surgery pre-screen with Dr. Yeii. It all went fine. I am slated for cataract surgery to start in July when I become elegible for Medicare; maybe sooner if I can obtain help elsewhere. The cataracts are more severe than I thought. No more driving at night in the meantime. Was mentally tired when I cabbed home. Drank wine, ate Fritos and napped from 5 to about 11. Was awake until almost 4 am before I could get back to sleep. .

Fri, May 2 — In at 8:10. Got ready for Charlie Wells Breakfast this weekend. Work was great, accomplished a lot for AKM and TGG.Returned to AKM at 3:10 and helped set up tables & chairs. I was given three tables and I’ll bring a card table down from upstairs. That will be fine. Showed the AKM office to a gent whose son was a CFI at Capitol Aviation decades ago and another gent whose wife is a Zonta member. It was all good fun. I will be here early tomorrow so I went home early — 6:30 — today, a little tired, but okay.

Sat, May 3 — In at 5:30 and after checking e and Fb waited for them to open the hangar door so I could set up the model display. Had a very productive day. Went home at 7:15 pm.

Thanks for reading this post. Have a nice day.

About Job Conger

I am a freelance aviation, business and tourism writer, poet, songwriter. My journalism appears regularly in Springfield Business Journal and Illinois Times. I am author of Springfield Aviation from Arcadia Publishing and available everywhere. As founder/director of AeroKnow Museum (AKM) and a volunteer with American Aviation Historical Society (AAHS), I created this blog to share news about AKM activity and aviation history.
This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s