The Week That Was – December 1 — 6

Monday, December 1 — In at 9:55. Sunny and cool out. Worked on JTW book until leaving for employer. At work I worked on the Foster Cadet book. Back after work I worked on JTW book  It’s becoming a regular “thang” and no significant time for AKM. Departed for home hungry at 8..

Tuesday, December — A later start than hoped: in at 9:10. Chilly, overcast and calm, Falcon 900 only plane on the ramp. Worked on JTW book about an hour. Worked on Foster book at work and sent him several revised pages. He sent a nice not saying I’m making a difference. Back, worked some on JTW. Am tired, to home at 7:05.

Wednesday, December 3 — In about 10. Had planned to pick up a friend who had promised to repair the rest of the upstairs duplex so, since I couldn’t benefit from arriving early at AKM, I stayed up late. About 2 a, I opened an e from him stating he had fallen and was in a world of hurt. He could not work on the upstairs! So I didn’t get to sleep until after 3:30. Had a HARD time re-booting from this! Worked on JTW book until leaving for employer. Had a good day there, processed five pages of CADET rewrites. Had a scary trip to AKM after delaying departure until 5:25 to avoid rush hour traffic. Am going to delay longer tomorrow. Worked on JTW book and began a definitive draft of text to sent to CWS. Had a surprise visit the USAF Academy people including the new superintendent who posed for pictures and chatted 10 minutes. One of her staff saw the “thank you notes” from General Mike Gould, previous AFAcad superintendent. It was a wonderful visit. Considered buying some wine on the way home, but with no one to drink with, I decided I’d be desecrating the day with wine, so I went straight home at 9 and had ramen noodles with a little bit of turkey, cheese iced tea and called it a day. Slept okay.

Thursday, December 4 — In at 8:45. Worked on JTW book , went to employer and experienced what was diagnosed as a small stroke about 2:00. Employer drove me to hospital and waited until I was examined and told they needed to admit me for tests and treatment. I had experienced a LIGHT stroke. Speech and writing were not affected. Gave me all sorts of tests, intravenous  medication to fight infection of some kind. Was released late Sunday afternoon and I felt unsteady on my feet. Employer brought my truck to my house and his wife took him home. Thank God for my employer George Jaworski.Did not return to airport until Monday, December 8.

vacationing at St. John's Hospital, Springfield, IL

vacationing at St. John’s Hospital, Springfield, IL





About Job Conger

I am a freelance aviation, business and tourism writer, poet, songwriter. My journalism appears regularly in Springfield Business Journal and Illinois Times. I am author of Springfield Aviation from Arcadia Publishing and available everywhere. As founder/director of AeroKnow Museum (AKM) and a volunteer with American Aviation Historical Society (AAHS), I created this blog to share news about AKM activity and aviation history.
This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s