The Weeks That Were — December 7 to 13

Sunday, December 7 — Up about 8 and made major progress tidying my room and house. PANIC when I could not find wallet and house keys. Looked everywhere! Found keys and wallet but NOT DRIVERS LICENSE. HAD to get presecriptions filled. Called Pharmacist who understood my situation. Drove over and had them filled for $169.24!!!!! Photog’d departing F/A-18C, processed pics and posted a few on FB. Did nothing much else. Felt slightly dazed. Departed at 4:15. Returned home and FOUND my drivers license. I had looked through the same dresser drawer in the morning, but missed it. Ate almost nothing the rest of the day: a few spoons of peanut butter, a little fruit cocktail “lite” and the last turkey and Swiss purchased for Thanksgiving. I intend to eat
significantly less than I have in past and LOTS more fruit and vegetables.

Monday, December 8 — In at 9:30 after picking up keys from locksmith. Chilly and light rain out. Phot’d Eclipse on wet ramp. Sent off AKM check for some kits. Work went fine. Worked more on the Cadet story. Stayed until 6 pm to let the rush hour traffic pass before I had to drive in the dark. Bought a new cell phone and came back to AKM to send Cadet rewrite to RCF . Went home via grocer at 8:50.

Tuesday, December 9 — In at 8:10, later than I had hoped. Worked on JTW text arranging on draft to send to the Strouses. Did nothing else before work. I’m more than halfway done with this part of the project. Work was cold, I was interrupted by a lot of everyday things that normally would not have knocked me off my apple cart, but they came close today. I was depressed, irritable and pretty freaking miserable. I called and set up my new cell phone, and THAT took dang near a freaking 45 minutes! I accomplished NO REVISIONS OF THE CADET BOOK as I was pecked damn near craye by non-threatening circumstance. Worked for most of an hour arranging interviews for two Springfield Business Journal January issue. I can use the assignments if I don’t go nuts before I can complete them. Stayed half an hour late to drive to airport after the major rush hour traffic had passed. I could not concentrate on the JTW book. Went home at 8:00.

Wednesday, December 10 — After sleeping in the La-Z-Boy recliner about 6 hours was up for good at 3:30 and check Fb and e-m until showering and arriving AKM at 6. . . . . . . GREAT CIPM meeting. Departed for home at 9:45.

Thursday, December 11 — In at 6:35 and put away things from the model club meeting. Took meds about 9:10. Neatened up the place a little. Showed office and some of the rooms to a CJ2+ pilot who visited here once before. They do come back for seconds. Worked on CADET story at TGG but I was almost enraged every time we had a phone call.Didn’t show the irritation in my voice on the phone. I don’t know why phone calls bother me so much. Departed TGG at 5:30, TOO early to avoid rush hour lights. Must try 5:45 Fri night. Came to office to deposit my jacket and worked upstairs all night until returning to office at 8″45. Very sad, tentative about life. Departed for home at 9:00. At least I accomplished something today.

Friday, December 12 — In at 7:45. Worked upstairs processing kits, putting things away. To a local engineering firm to interview for a Springfield Business Journal story I’m writing. Work was a drag. No business. Worked on the Cadet revise all day and accomplished a lot. Back at AKM, worked upstairs, to home at 9:00.

Saturday, December 13 — In at 7:50. Worked upstairs putting away model kits and straightening up in the Process and Intake Rooms. Had to work at “employer” 10 to 2, back and processed pictures for a Business Journal article I’m sending in Sunday. Stopped at Hobb-e-mart on the way back to airport and bought two jars of Model Master paints for $7.20 and back to AKM until leaving at 4:20.


About Job Conger

I am a freelance aviation, business and tourism writer, poet, songwriter. My journalism appears regularly in Springfield Business Journal and Illinois Times. I am author of Springfield Aviation from Arcadia Publishing and available everywhere. As founder/director of AeroKnow Museum (AKM) and a volunteer with American Aviation Historical Society (AAHS), I created this blog to share news about AKM activity and aviation history.
This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s