The Week That Was – Decembrrrrr 28 — January 3

Sunday, December 28 — In at 7:40. Cold and ugly out . Wrote the first issue – January 2015 – of the Lincoln Flyer. Processed two days of August pictures. charged iPad n updated it. Upstairs and worked on models 6 to 7:05 pm. Processed pictures unto 7:45 and went home very tired.

Monday, December 29 — Had post stroke visit to charity clinic to see how I’m doing. Blood pressure and everything else looks fine. Work was a challenge. Still no action re information I requested WEEKS ago. GJ LOST my note requesting the info. Was bitter at him all day, especially when a fellow came in with a resume and said GJ asked him to visit. My days of employment there are NUMBERED — maybe over at the end of this year . . . . DANG IT. Back to airport, put the January 1915 IPA/SPI newsletter together and processed some pictures. Went home at 9:50.

Tuesday, December 30 — In at 8:35. Worked on the IPA/SPI newsletter and sent it to Brian B for proofreading. Work at employer was a mixed bag, busier with customers than at any time in months, but a growing sense of doom re the future of my employment there. In mid-afternoon did a fair amount of AKM scrap pasting and stayed until 6 to avoid rush hour. To store to learn how to work my new cell phone. Learned a lot from a nice fellow. To AKM by 7 and corrected typos called in from BB. Worked on Lincoln Flyer: added four pages but was INTERRUPTED by BB who twice found “another typo to correct,” dang it. I was FUMING at the end of the night; Left for home at 9:55. The FBO closes at 10.

Wednesday, December 31, 2014 — In at 6:05, cold and calm. Worked on Lincoln Flyer and almost finished when I had to leave for employer. Work was depressing as HELL and GJ have me a 50 minute commutation of sentence when he let me leave at 4:10. Significant heartburn most of the afternoon. Ate too much lunch (two turkey & Swiss sandwiches) and one of the Horizon people gave me a McDonalds sausage & egg McMuffin about 8:30. TOO MUCH FOOD for me. Back at airport tried to finish the Lincoln Flyer before dark. . . but I was out of sorts and my feet were cold , tried to nap with my head on a pillow on the desk and slept maybe an hour like that. Awoke about 6, piddled with Facebook visited the mens room and felt a little better, so instead of going home — as anticipated — found my second wind and worked on Lincoln Flyer until 9:30. Felt redeemed by that.
Thursday, January 1 — Didn’t want to get out of bed, but I did at 8:30. Assembled a new floor lamp I had bought for Christmas and plugged it in in the living room. It’s cheap looking ($50) but it works okay. To grocer for food — I was out of everything for dinner but peanut butter and strawberry preserves and bread so that’s what I had. To AKM; in the door at 10:00. Very productive day with logging finances, fine tuning the Lincoln Flyer, finishing a thing with AHEC, and a deal with some more model kits. Departed for home at 4:15 feeling exceptionally well about the first day of 2015.

Friday, January 2 — In at 9:30 Jim and Alex W came by the house and moved the large TV with built-in VCR to the RV Room at AKM.Worked on logging finances all morning. Gene B visited with an AHEC business card drawing for me to produce. Researched old Illinois Airport Directories for info about the state’s recreational park airstrips and called Pat back with info; must send an e about that. Very productive day. Departed at 4:05.

Saturday, January 3 — In at 8:55 and I could not get the printer’s old black ink cartridge loaded. Worked on finances most of morning and got tired, depressed. Sent Lincoln Flyer to everyone on my guesbook list. Piddled with models half an hour upstairs. Some progress; not significant. Cold and rainy out. Cold in too. Departed at 3:05 for home with my guitar. I need a frikking nap.



About Job Conger

I am a freelance aviation, business and tourism writer, poet, songwriter. My journalism appears regularly in Springfield Business Journal and Illinois Times. I am author of Springfield Aviation from Arcadia Publishing and available everywhere. As founder/director of AeroKnow Museum (AKM) and a volunteer with American Aviation Historical Society (AAHS), I created this blog to share news about AKM activity and aviation history.
This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s